Eligibility Rules for Participating in the Competition
To be eligible to win a prize under this challenge, an individual or entity—
- Shall have registered to participate in the competition under the rules promulgated by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology.
- Shall have complied with all the requirements under this section.
- In the case of a private entity, shall be incorporated in and maintain a primary place of business in the United States, and in the case of an individual, whether participating singly or in a group, shall be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- May not be a Federal entity or Federal employee acting within the scope of their employment.
- Shall not be an HHS employee working on their applications or submissions during assigned duty hours.
- Shall not be an employee of Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT.
- Federal grantees may not use Federal funds to develop COMPETES Act challenge applications unless consistent with the purpose of their grant award.
- Federal contractors may not use Federal funds from a contract to develop COMPETES Act challenge applications or to fund efforts in support of a COMPETES Act challenge submission.
An individual or entity shall not be deemed ineligible because the individual or entity used Federal facilities or consulted with Federal employees during a competition if the facilities and employees are made available to all individuals and entities participating in the competition on an equitable basis.
Entrants must agree to assume any and all risks and waive claims against the Federal Government and its related entities, except in the case of willful misconduct, for any injury, death, damage, or loss of property, revenue, or profits, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, arising from my participation in this prize contest, whether the injury, death, damage, or loss arises through negligence or otherwise.
Entrants must also agree to indemnify the Federal Government against third party claims for damages arising from or related to competition activities.
General Conditions: ONC reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, at ONC's sole discretion.